We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort knox and bride tower

covington tx
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
fort knox and bride tower

traveling from boothbay to bar harbor with wife in sept How long does it take to tour ft knox and tower

2 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort knox and bride tower

This is a tough question to answer without knowing how interested you may be in the actual history and construction of either the Fort or the Bridge Observatory.... The elevator ride from the base of the bridge tower to the observatory level takes about one minute, as does the trip back down after your visit. Most people we've seen visit when we were there seem satisfied with a 10-15 minute to the observatory itself (thosee of us with some familiarity with the local area sometimes like to spend longer than that identifying places of special personal significance). As long as you're not there over Labor Day weekend, wait times to get up to the Observatory probably won't be that long in September, I'd say half an hour from the time you leave the car until you're back to the car should do it for the Observatory.... it's a short walk from parking to the tower entrance (and back) and you may have a short wait to get onto an elevator. Estimating at The Fort is more difficult because part of the answer will depend on how much "exploring" you want to do to see various internal locations. I'd plan on at least an hour.

covington tx
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort knox and bride tower

thanks we planned on a quick look at the fort but was wondering about the wait time for the elevator, one hour was about the time I was hoping for.

Reply to: fort knox and bride tower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belfast