We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly?

richmond
1 post
Save Topic
Dog friendly?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Boothbay Harbor this summer. Ideally, we'd like to take our dog with us. Any suggestions on dog friendly accommodations and beaches? Thanks.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly?

Hi mhg,

The best place to contact for all your vacationing needs is the Boothbay Harbor Chamber of commerce website. Just google and it'll come up. The site will provide tons of info on accomodations, sights to see, restaurants, events, maps, directions, etc. And I'm sure you could call them to inquire about specific places that accept animals.

Re: beaches. There really aren't any typical beaches in the Boothbay Harbor area other than very small, mostly rocky ones at Ocean Pt and on Southport Island. They're located at Grimes Cove and Hendricks Head Light and you can only go to them at low tide.

If you're looking for typical sandy beaches you can drive 45 minutes to either Reid State Park or Popham beaches. These are just down peninsula's from Bath and Brunswick and are beautiful and south of BBH.

To the north is Pemaquid Beach, also about a 45 minute drive. This beach is a little smaller but excellent for toddlers and small children.

If you have any more specific questions after you've checked out the Chamber site, post again and I'll try and help.

Good luck :).

cozyharbor

2. Re: Dog friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 00:16