We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

California
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

Hello,

I will staying in Brunswick Maine in July. Planning a few day trips.

How far is it to boothbay? Looking at a boat cruise, followed by The Lobster Deck.

Any recommendations to see the coastline? Is the hiking good?

Also, planning on Popham Beach for a day. I think Boothbay is probably 45 min from Brunswick and Popham about 30 minutes. Any recommendations would be great!

Thank you!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

Brunswick to Boothbay Harbor should take about 45 minutes, but it could take longer if you hit traffic on the Wiscasset bridge. Try to get through before people start lining up,for lunch at Red's Eats.

As an FYI, especially if you use your GPS or online mapping, the restaurant is the Lobster Dock not Deck. It is a nice place to sit, eat and watch the activity in the harbor.

For coastline views you could drive to Ocean Point, or down into Southport. If you do one of the boat trips, you will see a lot.

Level Contributor
6,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

In Brunswick you'll find one of the best lobster rolls anywhere, at Libby's Market.

Check the tides and try to hit Popham Beach as low tide approaches, the beach will be expansive and you can walk out and around the little island offshore.

California
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

Great! Thank you!

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

We went to Popham Beach last year. It's a wonderful spot!

Boston...
Level Contributor
941 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

If you have time, I would probably drive down the Harpswell peninsula as well to check out Baileys Island & Orr's Island to see the rocky coastline.

Another option is little farther out to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.

Rutherford, New...
Level Contributor
292 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

I heard about the LIbbys lobster for years, wasn't impressed. Musta been over hyped. I'd rather eat a good one somewhere a little more scenic as well.

Pemaquid Pt was our favorite scenic spot.

Edited: 19 July 2017, 19:58
Boothbay, Maine
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

Yes, excellent hiking at the Boothbay Region Land Trust preserves: bbrlt.org. My favorite are the Ovens Mouth preserves, East and West. Beautiful green water. The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is also a favorite stop.

Boothbay, Maine
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

Yes, excellent hiking at the Boothbay Region Land Trust preserves: bbrlt.org. My favorite are the Ovens Mouth preserves, East and West. Beautiful green water. The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is also a favorite stop.

9. Re: Boothbay day trip from Brunswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2018, 10:18