We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coastal maine travel info

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
coastal maine travel info

My husband and I and 3 teen-age kids are traveling to Maine for the first time in the beginning of July. Our plan is fly into Boston, spend a day in York on the way to Boothbay Harbor. Spend 4 days in Boothbay Harbor before going on to Camden for the day. Then head to Bar Harbor for 3 more days. What sights and day trips should not be missed in Bar Harbor and/or Boothbay Harbor. Any suggestions to alter our plans are welcome. Thanks for the info!

Denmark
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coastal maine travel info

Popham Beach (long beautiful beach) on the Phippsburg peninsula...Reid State Park (has a beachfront) on the Arrowsic/Georgetown peninsula...that Montsweag Flea Market on Friday/Saturday (I think) on Route 1 just beyond Bath but before Boothbay -- has ice cream and a retired academy professor who sells fine mineral samples -- boys love that geology stuff -- and antiques... Red's Eats (yum) just as you reach Wiscasset... Porter Preserve (shhh)... the breathtaking Ocean Point... the wildest boutique and gift shop you may ever see -- heh, I can't remember the name, but it's purple and has windsocks in front on the lawn, located in Boothbay ... the devastating breakers and granite formations at Pemaquid... ferry to Monhegan Island (takes a whole day up, tho).

www.boothbayharboronline.com

www.boothbayharbor.com

The second site sends you a nice brochure with lots of ads of restaurants hotels and so forth.

Orlando
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coastal maine travel info

wow! Thanks so much for all the detailed info! We hope to do a lot of day trips, especially from Boothbay Harbor, so your information will help a ton!