We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BoothBay Harbor for one Night

Buffalo NY
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BoothBay Harbor for one Night

What are some most sees while in Boothbay? We have a short amount of time there and would like to know the best area to stay, restaurants, and/or activities!

Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

Welch House Inn is a good place to stay for adults, Anthony's Harborside is one of many good restaurants. For a family, maybe Ocean Point Inn.

Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

Hi kbelle91,

You don't mention what time of year you're coming but I'll give things my best shot.

There are a zillion places to stay in BBH so its hard to recommend just a few without knowing what type of accomodations you like. However, The Welch House, Topside, Spruce Pt. Inn, Ocean Pt. Inn, The Tugboat, Rocktide or Browns are all nice places in good locations. However, the Ocean Pt Inn and the Spruce Pt Inn are not downtown and a bit further out.

The best restaurants...For upscale dining I like the Thistle Inn, The Russell House, the Ocean Pt. Inn and the Rocktide. For casual and fun McSeagulls is good. For lobster in the rough, try the Lobster Dock on the east side or Robinson's Wharf on Southport Island. For good breakfast and/or lunch The Blue Moon Cafe, the Ebb Tide or Townsend Wine and Coffee Bar.

Must sees in BBH... Definitely take a drive out to Ocean Pt where you can see 4 lighthouses, islands, open ocean and quaint turn of the century summer cottages and gardens. Also take a ride out to Southport to the little beach at Hendricks Head Lighthouse and then to the town dock at Cape Newagen to see the Cuckholds Light and pretty views.

One of the best ways to see Maine is from the water. Take one of the many tour boat trips that Captain Fish offers. His boats are large, clean and offer inside seating w/a snack bar, drinks, etc.

Another nice activity would be to check out the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. They have a wonderful visitor's center, lots of pretty trails and a nice little restaurant where you can sit outside amongst a herb garden while dining.

Also the Boothbay Region Land Trust offers a vast amount of properties with anywhere from easy to tougher trails to hike. Many lead to gorgeous ocean, cove or river views that are just breathtaking.

I could recommend more but since you're only staying a night, it'll be hard to even fit in all the activities I've already recommended.

Good luck and don't forget to post back and let us how your trip went :).

United States
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

The Five Gables Inn in East Boothbay is beautiful, secluded and has beautiful rooms in a variety of prices. We stayed in a "gable room" (the least expensive) with wonderful views of Linekin Bay. The friendly innkeepers served an incredible breakfast and offered great advice as to what to do in the area. It was only about a 10 minute drive from BBH. My husband and I stayed two nights there a few years ago and it was one of the nices B&B's we'd ever stayed at. You should check out their website and reviews on Tripadvisor. Also, the book "Maine: An Explorer's Guide" gives them a great write up.

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

I hope I am not too late, but the John Ellison Bradley house is the best B&B, value, food, and surroundings-wise. Ports of Italy and the Lobster Dock are the best food, in my opinion. there is a *great* pizza place too. Things to do are to drive over to Ocean Point and walk around, and take a 2 hour sailing cruse cris-crossing the harbour. You can find a small business there with two different size ships that have been doing this for a long time. We go every year, 'bout 12 people at a time on the boat, it puts out from one of the main docks in town. www.boothbayharbor.com is the chamber of commerce website.

El Dorado Hills, Ca
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

Hi we recently spent one day in Boothbay Harbor, it's great there I wish we had more time. We stayed at the Topside Inn, we liked it very much, try to get a room with a good view. The breakfast was very good too. I wish we could have taken a boat ride, it really would have been the best way to see the area. Have fun!

6. Re: BoothBay Harbor for one Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 23:19