We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's open?

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
168 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
What's open?

Hi: We are thinking of coming to BBH this weekend. I was wondering if BBH Ice Cream or Pier One Pizza are open. I've been able to find out about most other places I'm interested in, but if someone up there could give a quick rundown of what other popular establishments are open that would be great.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's open?

Hi t,

Okay, here's what's open as far as I can tell: Tugboat Inn (and their restaurant); McSeagulls (but its temporarily located in the old Bistro building across from the bowling alley while the original is being completely renovated top to bottom); 93 Townsend (just had dinner there last night and my friend and I had the pork chops which were excellent): Townsend Wine and Coffee Bar; Thistle Inn(my favorite); Ebb Tide; and the Russell House (open just a couple of years now and has been consistently good). Pier One Pizza I believe is open, though don't hold me to it! You can always call or check with the Chamber. Ice Cream Factory has not yet opened.

Other places to dine not far from the Harbor are the Damariscotta River Grille on Main St. in Damariscotta and King Eider's Pub, also in Damariscotta. A 20 minute drive north on the River Road will take you there. Both places are consistently good, offer excellent service and have nice atmosphere.

I don't know if you've been to the Thistle Inn for dinner, but I highly recommend it. I've never had a bad meal there and you can sit/dine in either the more formal side (which still isn't very formal, lol) or the pub side where the bar and tv is. There are 2 menu's also which you can order from either side. One is more upscale and pricey, the other is more of a pub menu and less expensive. Great ambience and Jeff the bartender is wonderful!

There may be some other places open that I'm not aware of, so again, you might want to check with the Chamber of Commerce. Their website is www.boothbayharbor.com.

One last suggestion, you might want to wait to come up till the last weekend of April (25th-27th) for the Fishermen's Festival. That has turned into a season opener for many local businesses, plus the town will be bustling with alot of fun activities for the festival.

Of course, anytime is a good time to come for a visit as the scenery is as beautiful as ever, regardless of the season :).

cozyharbor

2. Re: What's open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:20