We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late arrival

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
late arrival

Hello, all,

We will be in BoothBay Harbor enroute to a birthday party to be held the following day. We will arrive around 7:30-8:00 in the evening on a Friday after having driven 7-1/2 hours.

We are staying at Brown's Wharf Inn and they say their restaurant closes at 8:30..We figure we'll JUST be sitting down about that time. Is there any place around BBH that is open later?

Not necessarily looking for gourmet food..Mostly Chowda!!

We had clam chowder at the Spruce Point Inn a few years ago that was to die for but we see they don't even have it in their menu anymore at Bogie's.

Any guidance, good people? Thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late arrival

Hi Dee,

You should be able to find chowder at just about any restaurant in BBH. Close to Browns is the Lobster Dock and The Rocktide which should be still serving around 8:30. Have never had their chowder so I can't vouch for it, but I've dined at both places and the food is consistently good.

Practically next door to you is the Co-op (but they're calling it something else these days - new owners) and they'll probably have chowder, though I'm not sure if they'll still be serving 8:30/9pm.

You can always venture into town and go to McSeagull's which has a huge menu and will certainly have chowder.

Last but not least, check out Lobsterman's Wharf in East Boothbay (will take you around 10 minutes).

I usually don't have clam chowder when I dine out ) so I can't really advise on where the best is served. But its on just about every menu and the places I recommended have consistently good food for the most part so I assume their chowder will be decent too.

Good luck!

cozyharbor

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late arrival

Thank you, cozy! If the Lobster Dock is open, we will go there!!

3. Re: late arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:18