We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Sail

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Private Sail

Any ideas on who I could contact to arrange a private sail out of either Boothbay Harbor or New Harbor?

We got stuck on a dirty boat in the Virgin Islands with an elderly man who chainsmoked. My kids were fascinated by him, but I'm after an experience that's more...(searching for the right word)...refreshing and relaxing. And certainly cleaner.

Any ideas would be great!

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Sail

Hi Lemalade,

Sorry you had such a bad experience in the Virgin Islands...

Check out www.boothbayharbor.com. Click on visitor info. Then click on activities and then on the links to boat tours, charters, sail, etc. There will be several options to choose from. But I haven't taken any of them other Captain Fish tours in years, so I can't speak for the cleanliness, etc.

However, most of these tours/charters have been around forever and if they weren't fun and clean I'm sure they'd have been out of business years ago. Of course these are mostly group tours/sails. But I'm betting you could contact at least a few of the captains and work out something for a private sail.

It used to be that Roger Duncun took out very small groups between 2 and 6 people on his Friendship Sloop. But I'm not sure he still does. He wrote/authored the sailing bible "New England Cruising Guide". However, he's in his 80s or possibly 90s now...

Another option is to check with the Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club. Someone may be willing to charter out their boat or take you on a sail.

Good luck and hope I've helped!

cozyharbor

2. Re: Private Sail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor