We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
3 posts
Save Topic
What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

We have been lucky enough to be able to vacation in the beautiful Boothbay area for the last few years. We love it!I was wondering... what, if anything, is "new" this year? Any new hot spots? Places to eat? Things to see? We have two little ones, 3 and 4, and try to keep things frugal.

Your "insider information" is most appreciated.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Hi bloodyjack,

McSeagull's has been renovated and changed around a bit, but the menu's still the same. There are new owners of The Bistro and also Lobsterman's Wharf in East Boothbay. I haven't tried The Bistro yet but have heard its good. I have gone to Lobsterman's and its not as good as it used to be, but o.k.

The Uptown Grill is a relatively new place in the Russell House on route 27 before you get to town. Excellent food in both the pub or the more formal restaurant. They have the best meatloaf on the planet!

There are a few new art galleries ie The Art District, Rick Dickinson's gallery as well as Tom Rubel's and the Green Turtle (I think that's what its called). All nice places. There are a few new shops also of which their names escape me.

There's a neat new display at the Botanical Gardens of handmade furniture, antiques and art.

That's about all I can think of for now. Have fun in the Harbor this year :).

cozyharbor

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Thanks for the updates, cozyharbor. We loved the Lobsterman's, based on a reco you made last year. Sorry to hear that the change made a difference:( We're in town over the 4th. Any chance the American Legion is having one of their breakfasts?

Boston, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Thanks cozyharbor, great info as usual! I will be sure to check out some of these places.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
778 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

CB48, if you're going to be around Boothbay Harbor for the 4th, don't miss the parade in Round Pond (on the Pemequid penninsula). One of THE BEST around!

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Hi CB48,

I checked the Chamber's calendar and I didn't see anything about an AL breakfast on the 4th. That doesn't mean its not happening. I'll ask around and if I hear there is one, I'll post and let you know :).

cozyharbor

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

Thanks, sailorgirl: I agree about Round Pond's parade - a true piece of Americana.

Cozy - thanks for checking the breakfast! It's a nice group of men and a good breakfast.

7. Re: What's new in Boothbay Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 06:17