We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

Monmouth Beach, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

We are planning our second trip to Bar Harbor in mid September. This trip, we are planning a one night stopover in Boothbay Harbor. Looking for a nice waterfront hotel in/near downtown area (will have done enough driving for one day). Also, a casual restaurant with a view for dinner(lobsta). Thanks

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

There are a few waterside hotels in town, all of which have water-view restaurants as well:

Boothbay Harbor Inn

Rocktide Inn

Brown's Wharf Inn

Fisherman's Wharf Inn

My family and I have always enjoyed the Rocktide.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

We just got back from Spruce Point Inn and I recommend you stay there. Check out my review in tripadvisor. The other hotels are basically motels, so if that's what you like then I agree with the recommendations listed, otherwise check out SPI. Have fun!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

The Spruce Point Inn is nice, but not really walkable to town. There are many nice inns in Boothbay Harbor. Many are right in town and most are on the water or have water views. You can check this list to get started:

bedandbreakfast.com/boothbay-harbor-maine.ht…

I would not limit yourself to hotel restaurants if you stay in town.

Ct
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

We recently stayed at Harborage Inn - a nice b & b -- individual entrances, breakfast buffet which was wonderful, waterfront and close to town -- very nice without the usual b & b drawbacks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

Suggest you might consider the Thistle Inn. It is a landmark in the Harbor and has a very nice restaurant and the rooms are pretty nice for one night. I have stayed there many times over the years as has my son and his wife who live in the Augusta area One can easily walk down to the harbor area where there are numerous shops but not many open in early Winter time.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

dikthai -- Glad you like the Thistle Inn, but probably won't help the Original Poster who asked the question much -- they were visiting Maine in mid-September !!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

"Mainer on the go" - You are very correct but many people planning trips look at the various forum topics and I thought that my suggestion might possibly be useful by someone else. Perhaps not! But it's out there for anyones use as are all of the posts on the various TA forums. I, for one, have found so called "late" posting vey useful in my many travels thoughout the world.

8. Re: Hotels/restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:15