We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

United States
Level Contributor
326 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

We need lodging for two nights this August. Spruce Point Inn is perfect for our family of four, but there is a 3 night minimum. Is there anything similar to this resort that is not a B&B or a rundown motel that you would recommend? We liked the waterfront location and many activities offered at the SPI. Please help. Thank you.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Topside Inn is pretty nice! Yes it is listed in the "B&B" category, but with 21 rooms, it's not your typical B&B. But then it is not a resort with lots of activities to offer, either.

Beach Cove Waterfront Inn, located on a fresh-water lake, has newly renovated rooms, and offers lots of activities Ocean Gate Resort on Southport has also done some recent renovations, and offers lots of activities. You might also take a look at the Ocean Point Inn and Resort in East Boothbay.

United States
Level Contributor
326 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Thank you! Looks like the Ocean Gate is the best for us if we decide not to do three nights at Spruce Point.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Does the hotel have to be in Boothbay Harbor or would you consider other locations?

Edited: 17 April 2013, 16:55
United States
Level Contributor
326 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

We would consider nearby hotels/resorts. I think the Ocean Point Inn was nice but looked like it was a bit far to drive into BBH for dinner.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

East Boothbay to Boothbay Harbor is about 3 miles...not too far for dinner, I think.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

According to Google Maps, Ocean Point Inn is about 6.9 miles, or 14 minutes, from downtown Boothbay Harbor. By way of comparison, Spruce Point Inn is about 2.2 miles, or 8 minutes, from downtown BBH.

Another option that I didn't mention before might be Newagen Seaside Inn on Southport -- 6.3 miles or 14 minutes from downtown BBH (assuming you don't get caught up by an open bridge! ;-)

United States
Level Contributor
326 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Unfortunately Newagen is sold out! What about the Sebasco Harbor resort as an alternative?!

United States
Level Contributor
326 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

We changed our itinerary and booked the Spruce Point Inn for three nights...now I'm hoping to get some help for a place to stay in Bar Harbor. Thanks everyone!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Hello. My wife and I are taking our 1st trip to coastal Maine. Boothbay is where we plan to 'plant' ourselves for the week of September 7th. We love B&B's, cottages with fireplaces and water views. Anyone have a favorite?

Edited: 05 May 2013, 18:23
Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alternative to Spruce Point Inn??

Hi SilverFox,

Just noting that you might have better luck attracting attention to your question if you start a new thread, rather than tagging it onto the end of a discussion about alternatives to the Spruce Point Inn.... Use the "Ask a Question" button below where it says "Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor"

Regards,

Tim from Harborfields On The Shore