We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

We will be in Ogunquit for four days mid September. I know we want to explore York, Kennebunk, Portland's Old Port and possibly a ferry to Peak's Island. If the weather is warm maybe some down time on the beach in Ogunquit.

Is Boothbay something we should consider adding? I know it is 2+ hours from Ogunquit and from what I have read the ride up is not necessarily that scenic. Not sure if the girls want to spend time in Freeport/LL Bean this trip....how much further to BBH?

Should we just stay around Ogunquit/Portland or is there really something special we would miss by not including Boothbay?

Thanks

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

Personally, I think the only thing you'd miss would be the botanical gardens, if you are into that sort of thing. Otherwise, I wouldn't make the effort to squeeze in a visit to Boothbay Harbor.

Boothbay is about an hour beyond Freeport.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

That's what I thought I just needed someone to verify it. Thanks

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

I love Boothbay Harbor, but you have a pretty ambitious agenda already for four days. I think there's a lot more to the Boothbay area than the Botanical Gardens, but I think you should probably wait until another trip.

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

Boothbay has lots to offer, that's for sure. I wasn't suggesting that the botanical gardens are the *only* thing--more that, of all the places the OP is visiting, the botanical gardens are unique to Boothbay (sort of like, LL Bean is unique to Freeport). Many of the other things in Boothbay--cute shops, good restaurants, scenic views--she'll also see in the other towns she is visiting.

5. Re: Should We Squeeze in Boothbay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor