We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine Dress Code

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bishop, California
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Maine Dress Code

Can anyone tell me exactly what is considered "Maine casual" dress code? When will my husband need a sport coat or can he get by with a nice leather jacket?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maine Dress Code

I don't know about Boothbay Harbor, but here in Bar Harbor, he can get by with jeans and a clean t-shirt.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maine Dress Code

Might help to tell us exactly what he is dressing for/what location or event is using that term?

Bishop, California
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maine Dress Code

Oh, sorry, I guess I left that out(: I was referring to dinner out in an upscale restaurant. We made reservations at Primo's in Camden and Fore Street in Portland and we'll be eating at the Hartstone, where we're staying in Camden. I don't see us going any place "fancier" and it would be nice not to have to haul a sport coat around in a suitcase for 2 weeks if he doesn't really need one.

Maine
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maine Dress Code

I don't know about the Hartstone but the last time I went to the other places there was no jacket requirement. Don't know about shorts and loafers with no socks, though. Might do to call and check.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maine Dress Code

I can only speak for Fore Street. You will see everything from suits/sports jackets to jeans and sport/golf shirts (or sweaters in cooler times) and pretty much the same range for women. My guess is that Primo is about the same.

Bishop, California
Level Contributor
170 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maine Dress Code

Thanks everyone(:

7. Re: Maine Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor