We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Chaska, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

We are planning a family get together in Boothbay for an extended Thanksgiving trip. Any ideas? It will be my husband and I and our three 20 something children. We love the outdoors, food and a good pint of beer.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Go to the coastal Botanical gardens. Even though most of the gardens are dormant, the stone work and hardscaping is fantastic.

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Thanksgiving will be bit outside the regular season, so not many things will be open. Apart from walking around the town, whale watching cruise is a good option, but I doubt that will be open during thanksgiving.

Here are couple of suggestions to do nearby -

* Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens

* Bath, ME - ~25 Miles one way

* Pemaquid Point Lighthouse - ~35 Miles one way

* Rockland/Camden - ~40 Miles one way

* Freeport Outlets - ~40 Miles one way

There used to be a bowling alley in town, but I am not sure whether it is open or closed.

Some links -

* Bath Iron Works tour - mainemaritimemuseum.org/visit/…

* Coastal Maine Botanical Garden - http://www.mainegardens.org/

Mentioned in this post
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Coastal Maine Botanical...
1,467 Reviews
Boothbay, ME
Pemaquid Point Lighthouse
647 Reviews
Bristol, ME
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Camden
Camden
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,922 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

I'd forget the whale watch idea..... the whales head south to warmer waters in mid-October, which is why most of the whale watch cruises end their season in early to mid-October. Whale watch cruises with no whales make for unhappy customers....

One good activity any time of year is riding out Rt 96 through East Boothbay to Ocean Point -- great place to watch the surf pound the rocks,,,, and a fantastic spot for sunset photos....

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
828 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Also, forget the tour of Bath Iron Works.....that is only available during the summer.

Come visit Damariscotta, the next peninsula north of the Boothbay peninsula (Pemaquid Point lighthouse is at the bottom of the peninsula). The town has a year round community and practically all of the shops and restaurants are open. King Eider's and the Newcastle Publick House are two restaurants that have lots of local brews on tap.

And to further entertain your beer fix, visit Oxbow Brewing in Newcastle. oxbowbeer.com/Oxbow_Beer/Oxbow_Beer.html

Mentioned in this post
647 Reviews
Bristol, ME
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

We enjoyed a very good meal at the Thistle Inn in Boothbay. Can check if they are doing a Thanksgiving dinner.

http://www.thethistleinn.com/#!restaurant/crrl

We enjoyed shopping the outlets in Freeport. You might check out the Harraseeket Inn. The Broad Arrow Tavern is a good place for a pint and a wood fired pizza. Open for lunch and dinner.

Their Maine dining room might also offer Thanksgiving Dinner.

www.harraseeketinn.com/maine-inn/dining

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
The Thistle Inn
The Thistle Inn
133 Reviews
Boothbay Harbor, ME
Harraseeket Inn
Harraseeket Inn
1,021 Reviews
Freeport, ME
Broad Arrow Tavern
Broad Arrow Tavern
594 Reviews
Freeport, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
Tidewater,VA
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

boothbayregister.com/article/…22489

a great list of restaurants open after October!

The Boothbay Craft Brewery has great beer too.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

The Chamber of Commerce keeps lists of lodgings and restaurants that are open year-round, although the Boothbay Register article that ChessieNero linked does a great job covering the restaurants. Here's the chamber's open year round lodging link: …boothbayharbor.com/list/…open-year-round-231

Chaska, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Thank you so much for your ideas! We will definitely check out your recommendations! Family time can't be beat so no matter what it should be a great time!

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

Also keep in mind that the Boothbay Region Land Trust's hiking trails are open year-round! (http://www.bbrlt.org/)

honoluul
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boothbay Thanksgiving week.

We live on an island next to Boothbay Harbor and would advise you that most hotels and such are closed now. A few restaurants are open like the Tugboat and Thistle. Some B&Bs are still open like the Welch House and Admiral.

Boothbay Harbor is a separate town from Boothbay, so you need to talk to the Boothbay Harbor Chamber of Commerce if you're interested in the harbor area and not inland Boothbay town's Chamber of Commerce. It might snow next week so be prepared. If you need groceries, Boothbay Harbor has a Hannaford market, but it has limited selection of items. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Tugboat Inn
Tugboat Inn
477 Reviews
Boothbay Harbor, ME