We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridgton and nearby

Which Bridgton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Bridgton and nearby

It is our first sleep away camp experience and we cannot seem to find a B&B or hotel available in Bridgton, Me. on 7/23. Since it will take us at least 10 hours to drive, we would prefer to stay within 15 miles of Sweden, Maine.

I have called about 8 places from our camp list but all are booked. Any suggestions?

Rockland, Maine
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridgton and nearby

You could try looking in Fryeburg:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g40647-Fryeburg_Maine…

Or maybe Sebago Lake region - here's a couple places I found (never stayed - but its a nice area):

http://www.sebagolakelodge.com/

http://www.pointsebago.com/

Good luck!

Boothbay
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridgton and nearby

portland maine is your best bet

Boston, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridgton and nearby

I stayed at a hotel the name of which I forgot -- I am actually looking for it to

recommend to my parents. It's a got one-story

building, on the lake, in Bridgton,

with a tennis court, ping-pong and pool tables and a gym; it also rents row boats.

Anyone know what it's called?

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bridgton and nearby

Another vote for Frybeburg, they have a great variety of lodgings, whether B&B our hotel/motel. If that doesn't pan out, consider driving a few more miles down Rte 302 to North Conway.

There's a well reviewed Holiday Inn Express just at the interesection of 302 & 16 for easy access back into Western Maine. They are showing 1 night availibity for that date. And of course all of North Conway is available to you if you should have the chance to some shopping/dining/exploring the mtns. Or check out top-rated B&Bs on the New Hampshire overview page.

Either way , I hope you have some time to enjoy and explore this beautiful area. There'd a great loop up Rte 113 from Fryeburg that takes you through Thw White Mountain National forest with some spectaclar views. You come out on Rte 2, head east to go through picturesque Bethel, ME, and head down Rte 5 back to Fryburg. You go from being up high in Evans Notch in the Whites, down to gentle farmland with the mountains as their backdrop.

Good luck and enjoy.

Bridgton, Maine
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bridgton and nearby

I live in this area and there are some great B&B's in Naples and Casco, ME also. Check out the website www.mainelakeschamber.com

there is a huge list of places that have joined the chamber, just click visitor info and accommodations. Let me know if I can help any further.

I think the motel debedb is looking for is either Highland Lake resort or Gradys Motel.

Boston, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bridgton and nearby

Can anyone recommend a dog-friendly place in that area?

Get answers to your questions about Bridgton
Recent Conversations