We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best All inclusive beach & food

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
best All inclusive beach & food

we are trying to decide on the best resort for our trip to mexico. We would love to stay a Secrets Maroma beach but it's too pricey to stay for our entire trip(1 week). Does any beach in the area compare to secrets Maroma? We are considering iberostar Grand, excellence rivera cancun, secrets the vine.

We are beach people(clear water,no rocks), love great food & service. We are in our 30's & celebrating our 10yr anniversary. we enjoy a little nite life but not spring break crazy.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

IMO the Catalonia Royal Tulum has the best beach in the area, crystal clear water, no rocks and you can walk approx. a mile in either direction with no other hotels in the immediate area; nice size rooms, good food with plenty of ala carte dining options and buffet, nice pool areas and Jacuzzi pools, air conditioned gym and spa, some evening entertainment and lobby bar; adults only and not 'exclusively' honeymooners.

www.cataloniaroyaltulum.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

Royal Hideaway but it also, may be too expensive. Outstanding food and service. Wonderful beach. Close enough that you can walk to 5th avenue for nightlife.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

The Grand has a lovely beach but there are rocks in front of the water as you enter near the grand although if you walk a little to the left there is plenty of places to enter the water.

I think it is roughly the same price as secrets so wouldn't think you would save much money splitting between the two.

I

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

I would recommend that you take a look at Catalonia Royal Tuluum as JNS has advised and the Valentin Imperial. Those are our last two resorts and both fit your request(s).

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

I can't imagine that the Grand is pricing out less than SMB. They are usually within 100.00 of each other. I would suggest the Valentine or Catalonia Royal Tulum with nice beaches.

Although Secrets Capri doesn't have that wide of a beach I did have a better time there than at the Valentin but that's just personal preference. My husband liked the Valentin and we would return to either.

If you want Maroma Beach then the Catalonia Privileged Beach sits right next SMB. It's more basic in it's rooms and what it offers but you get the beach.

It might help to give us an idea of your price point.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 20:04
Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

there was a price difference of $800 between secrets and iberostar grand, is Smb that much better?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

Ishboston,

It really depends on what you're looking for in a resort. I find that secrets is a bit more laid back while iberostar grand is more stuffy/upscale. Check out the message I sent you, you might be able to get closer or cheaper than to the iberostar rate.

One thing I've heard more routinely on forums is that the beach tends to be less swim able at the iberostar due to heavier waves and riptide.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

I"d look at VIM. We did CRT and it has a fabulous beach, but it is very crowded with loungers. The food, number of restaurants, bars, etc. are not up to the standard at VIM (VIM food is more in the range of Secrets).

VIM has about a 1200 foot beach with a special swimming area of about 150 feet with no rocks etc. It's on the main beach. The grounds at VIM are fabulous.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

I'm at the Catalonia Playa Maroma (Privileged Beach) right now and would recommend it!

Powers Lake...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best All inclusive beach & food

El Dorado Maroma beautiful beach, clear water, natural pristine natural beach to the north. The restaurants are Ala Carte seat down dining for every meal, specialty dinners. i have never had a bad meal at this restauarnt.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma