We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to SMB

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
new to SMB

Hello,

I am going to SMB Nov.30-Dec.14. Does SMB still have mosquitoes at that time? We usually stay in PDC and the sea could be sometime rough in December. Looking at the map, SMB has some kind of "lagoon" compare to PDC beach area. Is the sea there quieter? We booked PC and would like to stay on the 3rd floor (I don't like that 4th doesn't have roof over the balcony. I am looking at the building 26. What room has a better view and not close to elevator? So many questions...lol First time in 9 years trying a new resort :) Would appreciate any help :)

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new to SMB

I 'don't remember any Mozzys at that time.

The water is fun for swimming,and very clear..

Jon

Edited: 04 October 2013, 18:39
Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new to SMB

Thank you! :)

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new to SMB

can anyone please answer my last question?

1. We booked PC and would like to stay on the 3rd floor (I don't like that 4th doesn't have roof over the balcony.) I am looking at the building 26. What room has a better view and not close to elevator?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new to SMB

since no one is answering... We have never been but are going next Sunday 13th and can definitely answer your question for you, once we get there. I can post on her for you, but to me it looks like all balconies are covered and I've never been to a resort that didn't have a covered balcony. I also have never been to a resort with an elevator unless it has more than 5 floors. I have also been to the area and Maroma beach and am not sure what you mean by a lagoon. The only lagoon I know of remotely close to there is in Akumel, (Yal-ku lagoon) and that is almost 45 minutes south of Maroma. Like I said we'll be there soon and I will answer any questions you can think of, I always am online in the morning as my husband sleeps late and I'm up early.

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new to SMB

Thank you very much! I know for a fact that 4th floor doesn't have regular roof. It has some kind of railing made from roof. I also read in reviews that rooms next to elevators are noisy. It is possible though that they meant elevator in the main building. I put "lagoon" in quotes because it is not a lagoon per se. The sea is more inland in Maroma compare to Playa del Carmen.

As I said I am new to Maroma beach because for 9 years we were going to the same hotel in PDC. I knew everyone and everything there so I am a little bit nervous. We are going to SMB to celebrate our anniversary and my bday and both of us want a memorable vacation.

If you go to the link below, check picture #26. You will see the "roof" on the 4th floor.

slickpic.com/u/…

Thank you again and I'll be waiting for your report :)

Have a fabulous time!!

WV
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new to SMB

Check out FlipFlop's pics of SMB. He stayed in building 26 on 4th floor.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new to SMB

Thanks for the link, great pics. I see what you mean about the roof.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new to SMB

I had to ask my better half on Which Building we stayed at when we were there last.

It was Building 16 PC Closest to the Ocean.

We were the opposite end of the PC Lounge..I have to say that SMB PC has the most comfy Beds..

I saw that in FF photos that that bar,

I can't remember the name, But they now have Swings there.

I think that is a very good Idea..

SMB also has the Best SPA that we have been to..

When you walk in all that you hear is water falls.

WOW What a great feeling when you enter a Spa..

We really loved this place , But we have Decided that we like the more Smaller Resorts Instead..

But their is nothing wrong with SMB ,The food is great ,The service and the rest of the Resort is Great also..

Jon

9. Re: new to SMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma