We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catalonia maroma resort

A S
Sedalia, Missouri
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
catalonia maroma resort

Would like to know little more on this resort. What resort would you compare it too?

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catalonia maroma resort

Although Catalonia Maroma is not adult only, I would compare it most closely to Catalonia Royal Tulum. Buildings are set up the same, food is similar and both beaches are spectacular.

What in particular would you like to know? I have been there several times and would be happy to answer any specific question.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 12:20
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catalonia maroma resort

If we want to enjoy the beaches of Tulum

where do we go? Staying at the Now SAPHIRRE

AND WANT TO GO THE QUICKEST and cheapest way

possible. Thanks!!

Diana

A S
Sedalia, Missouri
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catalonia maroma resort

Just wondering if the place is nice, clean and safe etc? What kind of dress codes? Do they have American beer? I know the beach is great stayed at secrets maroma before.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: catalonia maroma resort

American beer would be imported beer in Mexico. Have never seen it at a resort, but is available at many stores in PDC.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: catalonia maroma resort

If you stay at the Cat Maroma, you would have one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I thought it was nicer than Tulum. There are some great Youtube videos on the Cat Maroma - just watched a few today.

The resort is clean, and safe. It is next to SMB. I think it is a smaller resort, nice pool and decent food.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 20:14
Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: catalonia maroma resort

The dress code is very relaxed although people do dress up for a dinner. It is a long pants for the alacartes dinners and no swim up suits (cover them up) if you are in the upgraded privilege room category and is going to eat the lunch upstairs at the Tapas lounge above the beach bar (the food is nothing special - but the view and the beer are awesome there (limited selection of a pub style dishes)). There is also one alacarte restaurant with the outside seating that would allow men in shorts also.

The resort is small, clean, low key and simply very nice. They improved the beach area around the beach bar with the new elegant outdoor furniture and it is now one of the very few resorts that has a bar on the beach open till 11 pm that you can sit very comfortably with a drink in your hand and look at the moon light on a sea surface and listen to the waves sounds, with the music playing.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 20:31
Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: catalonia maroma resort

The resort is very clean and safe. Security is always around but aren't the least bit intrusive.

There is no dress code for dinner other than no beach wear. We dined a la carte most nights when we were there last week and some people would wear long pants and dress "resort casual" but others wore shorts, shirts and sandals. Everyone was cleaned up nicely from the day though, no straight off the beach types that I saw.

I think the Terrace/Tappas restaurant is only open for lunch for "privilege guests" during high season as it was not open while we were there last week but was when we visited in February.

Definitely get something at the creperie, it's a real nice and convenient spot for lunch.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: catalonia maroma resort

MadMaya -

What kind of alcohol do they have? Top shelf? Do they have Grey Goose, Capn Morgan, Don Julio or Patron?

I read that the privileged group has their own lounge. Is it near the beach? Do they have bar service there?

Thanks for any tips - we are going in May and are staying in the privileged superior room. What would be a good building/room number to request?

Beechluver

London, United...
Level Contributor
761 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: catalonia maroma resort

The privileged group has a different secion on the beach, with better sun beds, it's on the beach itself. No bar service, you need to go and order at the bar like everyone else...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: catalonia maroma resort

We stayed here a few years ago and they did have wait service on the beach (for everyone). Has this changed? Not that it is a long walk to the bar, just wondering.