We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

Atlanta
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

They look like condos-wondering if they are part of Maroma by Orient or a seperate complex?

thx

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

I believe that is an abandoned building project....and from my (foggy) recollection it has been there for many years. It was not part of any of the resorts in the area and was going to be a residence community (if memory serves).

Atlanta
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

No this is very nice that looked like condos but did not appear to be part of Maroma Orient

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

The only building between CPM and Maroma Resort has the oceanfront suites which is part of CPM. There are four suites in that building. There isn't enough room between the two for any other type of building.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

CPM borders Maroma Resort.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

Olga, I mentioned the suites because they do resemble a small condo building.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

I noticed it, too. I think it's part of Maroma Resort and Spa because they all had the same blue loungers in front of them. There were a couple of residences for sale somewhere along there, too.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

:-) You guys have all done a great job a proving that I do have a foggy memory! Guess I have killed too many brain cells on our 15 trips to the area. Trip #16 (which is #8 to the El Dorado Maroma) next week!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

Lol, understandable. I've done reviews and kept copies on my computer so that helps me remember, but otherwise one resort blends into the next after the first 10 years or so. I do remember CPM though because of that beautiful stretch of beach. Also noted the Maroma Resort next door and wondered who could actually afford that. Being non all inclusive, and nothing near that area, I bet you'd run up a pretty big bar tab, never mind meals, by the end of your stay.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

I agree about the prices at Maroma Resort...but I suppose if you need to ask the prices you should not go there (which is one of the many reasons why we won't)! :-)

10. Re: Resort between Catalonia Playa and Maroma by Orient

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma