We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB Review

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
SMB Review

Hi

For those that are interested please see link below to my review which has a link to a large photo album for the property albeit taken in not so good weather

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g4053317-d…

Happy as always to answer any questions about the property

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB Review

Thank you so much for the incredible and detailed review!

Just a quick question. I did notice that another review that just came in mentioned a lot of smokers at the resort. Did you notice whether there seemed to be a lot of smokers, which might have dominated some non-smoking areas, such as the nice patio dining at the restaurants.

I know that it appears that guest from countries other than the U.S. seem to be heavier smokers... I wonder if the number of European and non-US guest is high at this time of year?

Thanks again Flipflop!

Edited: 10 October 2013, 16:00
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB Review

Hi

When we were there due to the weather there were very few people using the terraces outside the restaurants

We do not smoke ourselves and to be honest never really noticed that many smoking and we certainly had no issues with any that did. As far as I am aware people can smoke in the outdoor areas of the resort

We did not notice any more European guests than normal as people from the US & Canada normally account for the greatest percentage of guests at resorts

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB Review

The outside patio dining is not a non smoking area, as of the last time I was there anyway. You can smoke when dining outside - and some people sit out there specifically because they can smoke.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB Review

Hi! Loved the photo album. Thanks for sharing.

My first question is whether the mosquitoes are bad on the beach? I noticed it looked windy in your photos so I am guessing maybe you did not have any issues with them. I figure that it is probably always too windy on the beach for mosquitoes anyway.

My second question is the dress code for men. I have been reading that it is not strictly enforced (ok with me), but am wondering if my husband has to wear a dress shirt or will a golf shirt suffice?

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB Review

Hi Pat

Glad you liked the photos

We did not experience any mosquitoes on the beach but did experience some around the pool closer to vegetation

Your husband will be OK with a golf short

Have fun

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMB Review

As long as it has a collar he will be fine.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SMB Review

Great. Thanks!

8. Re: SMB Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma