We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma on Halloween

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma on Halloween

Does anyone know if people wear costumes on Halloween?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

I am sure some will and the animation team will for certain

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

Never been on Halloween....

but, from what I have seen in my extensive research, I would bet BIG money that there is a lot of hokey Halloween stuff going on. ( Not what I, personally, would want, or expect, from such a 4- 5 star resort.) I have read enough reviews, seen enough videos, etc... to know that they will do whatever they think might be associated with any Holiday or Event. They decided to celebrate Octoberfest with flowing pints of cheap beer, hotdog/brat eating contest, etc.

For St. Patrick's day, they had tons of hokey green stuff, guys in little green Irish Troll costumes, etc...

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

We were there for Halloween. They had pumpkin carving during the day, and a costume contest that night in the nighclub. Hubby won the contest, and we got a free romantic dinner as the prize. Really a fun time.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

This year they had a fire show and then a beach party. At around 11:00 the entertainment staff disappeared, only to reappear in costume as a wave of ghouls emerging from the ocean and joining the party. It was very cool.

Oswego, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

They did up the main dinning area with black lights smoke and a bunch of props. The staff all dressed up and they had a "Thriller" show in the theater. They also built a haunted house on the beach, but I don't know if you could go in it.

The best part was they did all that in 1 day and the next day it was gone. Pretty impressive.

6. Re: Secrets Maroma on Halloween

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma