We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

We have just booked a swim up preferred at SMB for Dec 10 - 17. Have read that building 16 gets more sun during the day but the preferred lounge is in building 26. Is it better to be in a sunnier location or closer to the pools and preferred lounge?

Or will the swim up pool to be too cold to swim in anyway?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

I think some of those questions depend on your personal preference. The Preferred Club is very close to building 26, but a bit of a hike from 16. I don't think there is any difference in the distance to the pools, but the entrance to the beach and beach bar are closer to 16. It did not bother us to walk there from 26 and I would go with 26 again. So I think it comes down to when you want sun.

I did not see the pools used much during my stay. I am not sure if that was because they were cold.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

The swim up pools are heated, you just need to ask your concierge to turn up the heat if it is too cold.

I personally think that 16 is the better location because of the afternoon sun. If the pool is a little chilly and in the shade in the afternoon, I don't think it would be as enjoyable.

Distance to preferred club wouldn't bother me in the least. I think we may have gone in there twice our entire stay and we were close by in building 27. I didn't find much need to go there to be honest.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

I think the beach area on the #26 side is much nicer as on the other side you have all the "pay for" cabanas

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

i just returned from smb and stayed in building 26. if you plan to use the preferred club at all i would recommend staying in 26. building 16 is so far from the preferred lounge that you would probably never bother using it.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

We stayed at a Dreams resort last year in a "preferred" section. If we wanted to reserve anything or speak with concierge we had to go to the preferred lounge to arrange it. Is this the case with Secrets or does each building have a concierge?

Thanks to all those that provided answers!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

Each building has a concierge

7. Re: SMB swim up - building 16 or 26?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma