We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma Beach versus Excellence Riviera Cancun?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma Beach versus Excellence Riviera Cancun?

Hi All,

I have a suite booked at each for July: SMB due to rave reviews and the "best beach" and ERC due to rave reviews and that amazing looking 2 story oceanfront suite. Anyone been to both resorts? Would like to know which is the better one to keep. Thanks!

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach versus Excellence Riviera Cancun?

Been to both a few times. First IMO there is no "best" resort, both will have their pros and cons but one thing certain both offer a excellent vacation experience.

I find ERC to be more "fun", no particular reason other then I always have a great time there. SMB is more laid back and Modern. I will give you my opinion on wins for each

SPA - ERC

Pools - ERC

Beach - SMB

Drinks - SMB

ala Carte Restaurants - Tie

Rooms - SMB

Buffett - ERC

Grounds - ERC

Service -SMB

Zen Factor - SMB

Entertainment at night - ERC

Entertainment staff - SMB

Your experience may vary based upon factors such as weather, guests visiting, occupancy, and attitude.

Always great to split your stay, you picked two good ones. Have a great time.

2. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach versus Excellence Riviera Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma