We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pesos/tipping

9 posts
Save Topic
Pesos/tipping

Hi, seem in a few posts that people tend to tip a dollar for drinks/concierge etc but what the general rate when using pesos?

How much should we tip and in what situation. I don't want to offend

Thanks in advance

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pesos/tipping

I leave $20 MXN for drinks ($1.30USD) a couple of times a day at the swim up bars. All said and done,it comes up to $100 mxn a day for a 6 hour visit to a bar ($7.71usd) usually more than the average daily wage for most resort workers.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pesos/tipping

It's your money. You should tip whatever you feel like and whatever fits your budget.

Any tip is appreciated.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pesos/tipping

To make it easier for me personally, I just figure 10-1. The exchange rate is probably about 13-1, but it's just easier figuring 10 pesos to the dollar when tipping. Just me though.

4. Re: Pesos/tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma