We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
836 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Hi,

Can someone please explain the difference between Partial Ocean View and Ocean View rooms? Is there really a significant difference in the view or are they still all the way in the back near the lobby?

Thanks!

WV
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

I honestly think the difference is whether you can glimpse the ocean from any point on your balcony or in just one direction. We had oceanview; we were third building back with a view of the ocean over some trees, a large palapa (snack bar) and pool.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

I have had both, partial got me a glimpse and a big ole palm tree view and ocean view got me just that , but it was still set so very far back that I just walked down to the lovely beach anytime I wanted to see it. Day and night. Security is great! I am an early riser so at 6am, I had the beach mostly to myself. Loved it.

Monroe, Michigan
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Partial view is further back by the lobby and can barley see the beach/ ocean from balcony. Ocean view you are pretty close to the beach and get a great view.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 21:03
Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

I had ocean view one time and was still in BLDG 12 which is not close to the ocean at all. It was still lovely though. The best room we had was in BLDG 16, 4th floor. It was a preferred room.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Hi again Peaches I've booked a pre club ocean view room but not all that bothered about about seeing the ocean but would be nice too though.Is there a particular block to request that centrally located for all the bars restaurants gym etc but is also far enough away if anyone's having a late loud night ??

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Building 15 would work nicely. Ask for a high floor and you should get a great view.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

I just realized that you said Preffered club. DEfinitely go with building 16 or 26. Twenty Six will put you closer to the Preffered Bar, so I would go with that. Ask for a high floor for better views.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

For non Preferred buildings - Partial ocean view is on the 2nd floor. Ocean view is on the 3rd and 4th floor.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

Always shoot for the ocean view. This is normally a room on the third or fourth floor on the middle third of the resort. The back half of the resort is almost entirely partial ocean view (to my knowledge).

Buildings 16, 17, 25, 26, 27 are all Preferred Club rooms, and all have ocean view (unless you have a swim out).

Buildings 11, 12, 14, 15, 20, 22, 23, 24 are all non-PC rooms, with floors 2-3 being partial ocean view, and 4 being ocean view (I believe).

I'd say for your money, your best bet is requesting the 4th floor in building 15. Buildings on the north side of the resort are all significantly less mosquito prone as they don't sit on the jungle facing side. They do sit on a neighboring resort, which I've never seen as being loud.

Thanks!

10. Re: SMB - Partial Ocean View or Ocean View Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma