We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

Hello All -

I am looking at a 6 night trip next September. Currently looking at Secrets Maroma and Secrets Capri Riviera. Right now Capri is running $1K under the price of Maroma. I have never been to an all inclusive resort or to Mexico. Any one out there who has been to both resorts? Is the extra money worth the upgrade to Maroma? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

Well a thousand bucks is a lot of money that's for sure. I don't do AI's but I'll toss this idea to you - if you haven't done it already; go to youtube. There are videos for both of these places (and pretty much every other) that might help you choose.

Whatever you do - Have A Blast!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,638 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

Secrets Capri is on a not-great beach and is a very small resort. According to some reports/reviews, the resort is looking a bit tired and is in need of renovations.

Secrets Maroma Beach is located on Playa Maroma which is touted as being one of the top 10 beaches in the world. It gets many positive reviews but many people (myself included) consider it to be wildly overpriced right now. (Interesting reading here if you want to know more - tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k749363…

If you're not married to the Secrets brand and want a very nice adult only resort with a good beach, then consider Valentin Imperial Maya. If you're more of a pool person, look at Secrets Silversands. Both of these should be approximately the same price point as Secrets Capri.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

I'd go to Maroma it's worth it

4. Re: SMB versus SCR - need advice!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma