We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Someone told me about the great doughnuts at Frosty's in Brunswick. However, if I search on Google, one of the first listings is a "for sale" link, which includes photos of Frostys, but with all the details needed if you want to buy the place.

Are they still open while being "for sale" OR have they closed?

Thanks!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Hmmm. They were closed one day last week when I walked by, but I didn't think anything about it because they usually close fairly early in the day--as soon as they sell out of that day's batch of donuts.

I'll keep an eye out and see if I can tell anything.

I don't recall seeing anything that gave me the impression of being permanently closed. No For Sale sign on the building.

FWIW, I wouldn't expect Frosty's to have it's own web site.

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Michelle - it wasn't a Frosty's website, but a real estate site.

Here it is, complete with photo of Frostys:

www.mainehomesandcondos.com/846768.aspx

That is Frosty's right? I've never been there but was hoping to have one of their doughnuts!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

I saw that before I posted.

When you said you googled Frosty's I thought you were looking for a Frostys website. That's what I meant.

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

wintersummer-

To answer your last question: yes, that "mainehomesandcondos" listing is definitely Frosty's in Brunswick; the one with the doughnuts.

It's very common in Maine to list a business for sale and continue operating until sold. If the business is operating while it's for sale, there usually is not a for sale sign at the business location. So I would anticipate that Frosty's will most likely be open. If not, there are many other places on Maine Street in Brunswick that could offer you something of interest.

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Downeast - Thanks so much! I will be sure to drop by Frosty's, just to see if it's open and if so, have a doughnut, and check out the rest of Main Street. Thanks.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

As of 9:30 this morning, Frosty's is alive and well. And, I will be, too, as soon as I come off my sugar high. Think what Krispy Kreme glazed donuts would be if they were a little bit bigger. And, sent thru the glaze twice. :)

Their hours are 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. If they happen to sell out of donuts before 2 p.m., they will close early, so you might plan your visit for early in the day.

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Thanks to everyone! I stopped by Frostys on my Maine trip and they were closed. We were there on a Sunday, and I honestly can't remember if they were closed for the day or if we were just too late....but, it was closed! I was on my trip during the last post!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

I drove by early this morning (a Sunday) and they were closed. I'm guessing they aren't open on Sundays.

Texas
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

Frosty's is still open and will be open a long time as the son of June and Bob will continue making the donuts as he has for so many years...thanks!....ps I am from Maine and know the family.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frosty's - Brunswick - Is It Still Open for Business?

The owners of Frosty's are very born-again Christians, as a cursory glance at the available literature will reveal; thus the Sunday closing.

Get answers to your questions about Brunswick
More Brunswick Topics