We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

In early June, my husband and I would love to go sailing in Camden! We are a bit confused as to which one is best: the Schooner Lazy Jack, the Schooner Olad, or the Schooner Surprise.

The Olad is listed as the #2 thing to do in Camden, but has mixed reviews. If anyone has been any of the above, I would really appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much!!!

pickering, ontario
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

Bonnie,

My wife and I and our two adult daughters just returned from the Rockport/Camden area. On Thursday we had a delightful sail on The schooner "Surprise".

Jack and Barbara Moore were great hosts/skipper/crew. Their schooner is lovingly owned and sailed beautifully in a stiff breeze! A great way to spend our last afternoon in the area.

Lazy Jack is a fairly new boat, fibreglass instead of an old wooden vessel, and is moored next to Surprise, and seemed to sail well as we passed each other in the bay.

Either one would be good, but I chose the older boat with a lot more history.

I cannot comment on Olad.

Enjoy!

Martin Sullivan

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

Thanks for your advice! We have opted for the Surprise, so I'm happy to know that we have chosen well! I liked all that we read about it on their website. We're so excited!!!

Maine
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

Friends of mine sailed on The Surprise last year and LOVED it. He's a sailor himself, including pirate reconstructions on full rigging ships, so probably knows what he's talking about :-)

4. Re: Schooner Lazy Jack, Schooner Olad, or Schooner Surprise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Camden