We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip...question regarding timing...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
74 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip...question regarding timing...

My husband and I are planning a trip for Fall 2010 and we'll be staying near Rockland/Camden area. We were aiming for October 22-November 1 but we are now a bit concerned that the "season" is over and shops/restuarants/activities will be closed or extremely limited. Is this cause for a revision in our plans or should we stick to the original timing? We wanted to avoid Fall foilage crowds...

Thank you for your insight and help!

Mentioned in this post
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip...question regarding timing...

Rockland is definitely a year 'round town. Camden tends to keep everything open until Christmas. It's only Bar Harbor that closes up shop, but even here, most places don't do that until November 1st. About the only thing you might find closed at the time of year you plan to come are dinner restaurants that depend on outdoor seating. It's a bit chilly once the sun sets in late October.

Mentioned in this post
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
74 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip...question regarding timing...

Thank you Bonniemae for the response! It sounds like a perfect time for us to visit...crowds are down and the cool weather suites us! Coming from Southern California we travel for the cold :-)

I really appreciate your time...

3. Re: Planning a trip...question regarding timing...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Camden