We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family day trips around Camden in mid August

USA/UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Family day trips around Camden in mid August

We will be staying in Camden mid August with my parents and we have 2 boys aged 8 & 10. Looking for some fun things to see and do while we are there. Any suggestions? We would like to do some day trips out of Camden but I'm not sure which direction to go and what is worth seeing.

Maine
Level Contributor
405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family day trips around Camden in mid August

We have kids that age. Their favorites are the aquarium at Boothbay harbor because of the huge excellent touch tank and Popham beach because of the excellent rocks and tide pools. I would also recommend a lobster boat cruise where the kids get to help bait the traps and haul them in to deal with the catch. We did that in Portland but they have one in Boothbay as well.

Manchester, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family day trips around Camden in mid August

I would suggest a half day sail on a Windjammer. There are several options in Camden.

Rockland, Maine
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family day trips around Camden in mid August

Well, if your boys like art, you could try the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland. If you all like old cars, planes, trains, etc...there's the Owls Head Transportation Museum in Owls Head (just south of Rockland).

Walking the breakwater in Rockland harbor is also a fun experience.

In any event, I would definitely explore some of the peninsulas, including the drive down to Port Clyde (St. George peninsula) and the Blue Hill peninsula (including the towns of Blue Hill and the fantastic Castine).

4. Re: Family day trips around Camden in mid August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Camden