We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

There is a vacation rental on Lake Damariscotta called Sunset Lodge, sometimes it is listed as Rustic Lodge in Jefferson. I saw this "lodge" about 5 years ago and from the lake it did not look too appealing. Does anyone have any recent experience with this property?

Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

The property was bought about 3 years ago. Major renovations completed. It had set vacant for many years.

Western New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

My family rented the main lodge and additional cottages. We were there for our son's wedding so we needed a place that could lodge our large extended family. We were there the second week of Sept 08. The facility was great for the rehearsal dinner we hosted on Fri. night. The kitchen was very well equipped. We enjoyed the very large porch, the docks and the room to spread out. The rooms were clean however, it is a rustic facility so don't expect perfection. I would love to return someday to the beautiful site. I recently checked out the current rates and was surprised to see additional fees for boat rentals, towels and sheets. If you can't bring your own it can really add onto the total cost.

The women who was the caretaker for the owners was very helpful with information about things in the lodge and resources in the community.

3. Re: Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 14:35
4. Re: Does anyone have firsthand experience with Sunset Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Damariscotta