We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying a week on Molasses Pond questions

Which Ellsworth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Staying a week on Molasses Pond questions

Other than the lake are there good hikes, wildlife viewing areas, and other things of interest?. Where would be the best place to buy lobster near Molasses Pond?

2 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying a week on Molasses Pond questions

In addition to being within reasonable driving distance of the hiking and cariiage trails of Acadia National Park, you're also going to be fairly close to some less-well-known sites as well...

The first one that comes to mind for hiking is the Donnell Pond Public Lands area in nearby Franklin, ME. Trails include Black and Schoodic Mountains.... and, in Eastbrook, where Molasses Pond is located, you'll find the Lyle Frost Wildlife Management Area.

For more info on the hiking trails of the Donnell Pond Public Lands, check out:

http://www.mainetrailfinder.com/trails/

The Maine Dept of Inland Fish and Wildlife website shows the Lyle Frost preserve to be suited to seeing eagles, waterfowl birds and deer. I'd check locally after you get here for info on how to get to the trailhead for walks/hikes in that area....

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying a week on Molasses Pond questions

Thanks, sorry it took me so long to say thanks. We went to Acadia and it was so crowded we found it difficult to enjoy. Loved Winter Harbor, hardly a soul there. Has great tide pools at low tide for the kids. Buy the hot dogs from the vendor on the corner, not lobster, but pretty dang tastey for a change of pace. Missed Donnell Pond this trip, will save for our next. I love Maine!

Reply to: Staying a week on Molasses Pond questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ellsworth
Recent Conversations