We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive to Quebec

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego, ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
drive to Quebec

How far of a drive is it from Freeport to Quebec City and what is the best route to take? Thanks. This will be in the middle of September.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive to Quebec

According to MapQuest, it is 260 miles from Freeport to Quebec City. Driving times approximately 6 hours.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drive to Quebec

You basically have two main choices --

Both take you through heavily-wooded sections of Maine with some interesting scenery along the way....

Choice A: About 260 miles and just under 5 hours -- North from Freeport on I-295 and I-95 to Fairfield (just north of Waterville), then US 201 to the Maine-Quebec border north of Jackman and on to Quebec City.

Choice B: About 280 miles and just under 6 and 1/2 hours -- North from Freeport on I-295 and I-95 to Augusta, then Rt 27 north through Farmington and on to the Maine-Quebec border north of Eustis, then on to Quebec City.

It's been too many years since I've been that way to give you any advice on the routes and route numbers in Quebec. Within Maine, US Rt 201 parallels the Kennebec River for much of the distance between Fairfield and Jackman -- nice views of the river, and the impoundments behind some of the hydro-electric dams on the river. Rt 27 north of Farmington parallels the Carrabassett River for much of its length -- also scenic views of a smaller, faster moving river than the Kennebec.

Would suggest you Google some of the communities along both routes and decide which way sounds more appealing to you.

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drive to Quebec

Thank you very much for your informative post. I'll take your advice and check out the towns on Google. I'm looking forward to seeing Maine in September. Thanks!

4. Re: drive to Quebec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 06:19