We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster in Maine

Lorena, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Lobster in Maine

I want to trade my timeshare for something quaint in Maine where all the lobster action is. I want to be near the boats and the harbors. I plan to go early August. There is a lobster festival somewhere. I'd like a cottage-type place. I'd like two bedrooms so I can take a friend.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster in Maine

It would help to know where you can trade. The mid-coast area sounds like where you would want to start. The lobster festival is in Rockland.

Lorena, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster in Maine

Thanks. I'm checking on trades in that area.

Brookline, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster in Maine

Avoid the Rockland lobsterfest - more tacky, less lobster. Best lobster shacks are located on the Pemaquid peninsula. Pemaquid Coop is perfect - stop for jam along the way. Don't miss the lighthouse and beach a short drive away. In Round Pond there are two lobster options located behind the Anchor Inn (which is not an inn but a great restaurant). Larger one is called Muscungus Bay lobster. Red's in Wiscaset is worth it, but plan accordingly - get in line 15 to 30 minutes before they open. A friend once waited two hours! Good luck! You'll have a great time.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 05:29
Brookline, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster in Maine

Avoid the Rockland lobsterfest - more tacky, less lobster. Best lobster shacks are located on the Pemaquid peninsula. Pemaquid Coop is perfect - stop for jam along the way. Don't miss the lighthouse and beach a short drive away. In Round Pond there are two lobster options located behind the Anchor Inn (which is not an inn but a great restaurant). Larger one is called Muscungus Bay lobster. Red's in Wiscaset is worth it, but plan accordingly - get in line 15 to 30 minutes before they open. A friend once waited two hours! Good luck! You'll have a great time.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 05:30
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster in Maine

Here is a link to the Lobsterfest site. http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

I actually rather enjoy it. My company used to volunteer the management team to staff the food tent on Friday afternoon. You get a pretty good deal on 1, 2 and 3 lobster dinners. Check out the lobster crate races. Don't know if they will do it this year, but in the past they ran the train from Brunswick(?) to Rockland so you could rent further south and make it to Rockland w/o worrying about parking (which I will agree is a pain).

You could also check out the Yarmouth Clam Festival which is towards the end of July. http://www.clamfestival.com/home.php

Have fun

6. Re: Lobster in Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 10:38