We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

We'll be spending several nights in Greenville and I need help in finding places to have dinner.

The Greenville visitor's bureau lists about 20 restaurants, however many of them are in surrounding communities. I really don't want to be driving after dark. I want to see a moose - but seeing one up-close-and-personal on the road after dark is too much for me!

So, I'd like to stay in Greenville for dinner. Any suggestions?

Bangor
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

U must eat at the ROD N REEL resteraunt...it is soooooo good.

Trust me!

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Naturefan - can you tell me a bit about the Rod-N-Reel? Also, do you know anything about the Stress Free Moose Cafe?

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

another vote for the RodNReel....great people..great place..and best of all GREAT food! I was up that way last winter fishing Moosehead...glad i tried the place out...the BEST!

Bangor
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

HI...the ROD N REEL is family owned by folks who were in the resteraunt business for a few yrs (in New York, I beleive. ) We were in Greenville for the first time in March and we ate there. It's good ole home cooking and I do not think you would be dissappointed.

Bangor
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

OH, I don't know about any other places to eat in Greenville..we stayed in Rockwood along Moosehead Lake....but If you go to the Rod N REEL once, I think you will eat every meal there! :)

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Looks like we will have to eat at the Rod-N-Reel! Is it in downtown Greenville? Is "downtown" the correct word to describe Greenville?

Bangor
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Greenville is a small town. When is your trip? The foilage season is happening!

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Naturefan - we'll be there next Thursday and Friday. Should look pretty good, huh?

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Saw this on the chowhound website:

GREENVILLE: Rod n Reel is always reliable. Stress-free Moose is casual with pubish fare. A CIA-trained chef operates Little Leaf Cafe in Greenville Jct.--open for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner (Sat. nights, I think). Ultra casual joint, but the food is wonderful, creative, and fresh. Fanciest and proven best dining is at Blair Hill Inn, but it's only open weekends -- fixed price and worth every penny; views are stupendous of the lake. There's new ownership at the Lodge. The starter chef, if he's still there, is excellent. He's a Walter's in Portland alumnus. The lodge has both a pub and a fine dining room, and great views.

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greenville - Suggestions for Places to Eat

Downeast - That's my post over at Chowhound! Rather, that's the answer to my original post at Chowhound. I posted my same question, thinking I might get a totally different group of responders. You and I must have the same type interests...like eating! I also posted the question about doughnuts over at Chowhound also and have gotten some good responses.

Get answers to your questions about Greenville