We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

Which Kennebunkport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
180 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

We just returned from a fall romantic getaway to the Kennebunkport area and had a great time!

The leaves were beautiful, the weather a cool fall air. We explored the following:

Kennebunkport: stores, Ocean Dr, going by the President Bush home, a nice dinner at the Arundel Wharf

Cape Porpoise - eating our first lobster at the Cape Porpoise Chowder House.

Freeport to the home of LL Bean - disappointing.

Ogunquitt - a beautiful town with Perkins Cove and the Marginal Way.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
958 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

Where did you stay?

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

Did you enjoy your first lobster?

What was disappointing about LL Bean?

How was your service at the Arundel Wharf? It's been pretty hit-or-miss lately...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
180 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

CB,

The first lobster was a blast. When they delivered it I asked 'ok, now what do I do?" Both the owner and a local couple jumped right in and offered to help. Great friendly people and a great experience.

We had a good experience with our server at Arundel. We ate pretty early that evening (5pm) so it was not real busy at that time.

For LL Bean, I guess I expected something more. I had a false hope that it was going to be on a grand scale like a natural "bass pro shop, or one of those type. It was just a "nice" department store.

Thanks for asking.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
180 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

Janiekin,

We stayed at the Seaside Inn and Cottages on Gooch's Beach in Kennebunk. I posted a review under the Seaside. Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

We will be on a cruise that docks in Portland Sept 23. We are renting a car and driving to Kennebunkport. What attractions do you recommend; we arrive at 8:00 am and depart at 6:00 so need to watch our time. Any tour guide recommendations?

Thanks,

Nan

Lexington, MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

Re: Kennebunk from a cruise ship docking in Portland.

I would drive to Ogunquit and head to Perkins Cove. It is a small area with access to the Marginal Way, a wonderful scenic ocean walk. I'd plan for lunch at MC Perkins Cove, request or reseve in advance an ocean view table and enjoy. Then head to Kennebunk port drive along the beaches and out past the Bush estate. Both towns have impressive ocean views. If you want shopping--plan for more time K-port.

7. Re: Beautiful Kennebunkport Fall Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:20