We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Resort at Goose Rocks

Which Kennebunkport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hingham
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Resort at Goose Rocks

Does anyone have information about this resort? I found two units on cyberrentals.com and have sent an inquiry to one. The weekly rate listed for one unit was very reasonable, although the dates don't work for us. There were no rates posted for the second but I assume it is similar. Are these brand new, is there construction still taking place or something that makes this rental too good to be true?? The pictures present a very new and clean 2 bedroom unit, inviting indoor and outdoor pools and only 1/2 mile from Goose Rocks beach. The location is Mills Road.

Western...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Resort at Goose Rocks

I have never stayed there but I am very familiar with the history. My family has had a seasonal trailer across the street for 14 years. The site of the resort was previously a lodge (motel) owned by same family as campground forever! Family sold a few years ago and was bought and renovated. The units look really nice. I have rode my bike through property, everything brand new, beautiful. There were very few people around. If your getting a good rate, go for it. The area is great, beach very close. You'll have to post your trip if you end up renting.

Hope to be of some help!

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The Resort at Goose Rocks

We vacationed at this Resort in early July, and it was GREAT. Property is small and quiet, the condo units are very new, and spotless. We were in building 5, which has the best access to the outdoor pool, but no building is more than a 3 min walk to the pool and game room/indoor pool. The units vary in size from 600 sq ft up. We were in a small 2-bedroom, but found it comfortable and adequate for a family of three. Like any condos, they are individually owned, so style and some amenities will vary, but overall this was a great choice for us. Even our small unit had a full kitchen, washer/dryer and 1.5 baths. The beach is too far to walk to, but an easy bike ride. Parking passes for 2009 were $12/day, available at the general store which is right across from one of the main entrances to Goose Rocks Beach. Also available 24/7 at the nearby police station on Rt 9. Day passes can only be purchased the day of, but weekly and seasonal passes can be purchased in advance (in person). It's a quick 10 min drive to Kennebunkport shopping and dining. There are also great dining choices nearby in Cape Porpoise. Take out options are minimal and expensive (Cape Porpoise Kitchen is one, great food but pricey), so plan ahead. If you explore a bit, there is a Super Stop and Shop about 10 minutes away, the best option for stocking up. Directly next door (walkable) is the Goose Rocks Dairy-great ice cream! Overall, a fantastic experience, LOVED Goose Rocks Beach (particularly the far end, near the marsh, close to Cape Porpoise). At low tide there are AMAZING tide pools and sand bars, terrific (and warmer!) for kids. We would rent here again, and probably will next year.

3. Re: The Resort at Goose Rocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 07:17