We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

Washington D.C
Level Contributor
15 posts
Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

Travelling to VT and ME in August. Can someone tell me the difference between Kennebunk and Kennebunkport? They seem sometimes to be used interchangeably but I see they have different zips. we are thinking of The Seaside Inn because we have two small kids and the proximity to the beach seems very convenient. Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

Next to each other. KBP is the fancy place where the former president lives sometimes. KB is where other people live. KB is "inland", KBP is on the water. Both are very nice but the tourists hang out in KBP. I think the folks in KB are fine with that.

Washington D.C
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

Thanks! Now I am trying to figure out if we should stay at the Seaside Inn in Kennebunk or the Juniper Hill Inn in Ogunquit. We have two small boys and each area seems to be beautiful.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

While Kennebunk is definitely the more inland of the two, they are only separated by a bridge in the more touristy section of each. Lower Village in K'bunk is within spitting distance of Dock Square in K'port.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

1 vote for ogunquit with the kids. No knowledge of the specific lodging choices. BTW, NH is between ME and VT. Make sure to stop.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

Actually, the Seaside is in Kennebunk and it is right on the Ocean. It is true that Main Street in Kennebunk is on Route 1 and more inland but there really is no difference between Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. The section of Kennebunk called Lower Village is only separated from Kennebunkport's Dock Square by a river.

So -- go for it -- the Seaside is a great old family lodge. you'll have a great time.

Kennebunk, ME
4 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

They are BOTH great places and BOTH have great B&B's and BOTH have great beaches. Sometimes the two towns are referred to as 'The Kennebunks'.

7. Re: Kennebunk and Kennebunkport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:41