We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

Which Kennebunkport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
100 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

Hi- My husband and I are going to be traveling with a 3 year old and 2 year old. We plan to stay in Kennebunk & Bar Harbor. Looking forward to beach time, eating as much seafood as possible and some time in Acadia.

I am starting my preliminary planning- for August- I'm trying to figure out how to break up my week:

We are coming in from NY and will probably travel most of the way on Thursday evening while the kids are asleep so we'll arrive in the morning on a friday.

Where are we best off staying for the weekend (less crowded)- Bar Harbor or Kennebunk?

Is it usually less crowded the last week of August?

We are looking at Seaside Inn & Kennebunk Inn - we want a 2 BR suite in that price range. I'm leaning towards Seaside for the kids for the beach (though I would prefer Kennebunk Inn for the food :)

Is there any other hotel I'm missing?

For Bar Harbor- there seems to be a lot of 2 br options- any favorites?

Thanks!

Julie

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

During the summer, weekday versus weekend doesn't make too much difference on Mt Desert Island, where Bar Harbor and Acadia are located. Interesting you would ask about the last week in August, though, as it typically is a relatively quiet week (while mid-August is about the busiest).

NYC
Level Contributor
100 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

Thanks- good to know!

New York City
Level Contributor
48 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

I'm very familiar with the Seaside having been there in all seasons for the past 25 years. I love the place primarily for location - right on the beach across a grassy lawn. There are no suites and the rooms are basic - everything you need but not luxurious. Have a great time.

New York City
Level Contributor
48 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

I'm very familiar with the Seaside having been there in all seasons for the past 25 years. I love the place primarily for location - right on the beach across a grassy lawn. There are no suites and the rooms are basic - everything you need but not luxurious. Have a great time.

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

The Kennebunk Inn is located about 20 minutes away from the beach and is on the main street of Kennebunk. It may not be what you are looking for if you are hoping for a beach vacation with two little ones. Take a look at some of the properties in Kennebunkport as well.

6. Re: Kennebunk& Bar Harbor with kids- questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 11:16