We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner spot in March?

Which Kennebunkport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rochester, NY
Level Contributor
34 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
dinner spot in March?

We are coming the last weekend and looking for a nice dinner spot for 4. Considering 50 Local, One Dock, Grissini Italian Bistro, Bandaloop . Also what do you think about Pier 77 or Edgewater Inn for Easter lunch. What would you recommend or any other ideas? Thanks!!

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner spot in March?

Bandaloop is closed until mid- April and surprisingly enough, Grissini closed permanently on March 9. One Dock and 50 Local are open and are both good, but in different ways. It would be a good idea to check the 50 Local menu on line to be sure you will find something you'd like as their menu changes often. Pier 77 suggests reservations for Easter lunch between 12 and 5.

May I suggest the new Village Tavern? It is located just off the Me Turnpike in West Kennebunk- 110 Alfred Rd.- about 20 minutes from Kennebunkport. The Owner/Chef was most recently at the Cape Arundel Inn and before that at the White Barn Inn. It's a tiny place, but the food is excellent.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 00:41
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,812 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner spot in March?

I couldn't believe Grissini's has closed we were there in Oct.. We dined there many times in the past 16 years. I got this message off their web site:

"Grissini will offer its final dinner service on Saturday, March 9th. We thank you for a fantastic sixteen years of support and hope you’ll join our successor, Abbondante."

I was going to suggest it's sister restaurant, Stripers, in the Breakwater Inn, but they are closed for the season and will reopen after your trip in the spring.

Hurricane reopens on March 29th and is nice for lunch.

Kennebunkport, Maine
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner spot in March?

Bandaloop and Grissini's are closed. Consider Village Tavern...it is great!

Kennebunks, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner spot in March?

The Edgewater Inn is a bright and lovely spot for breakfast... Check their web site for restaurant hours. Hurricane's opens this weekend, too.

5. Re: dinner spot in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:15