We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kittery Restaurants

Montreal
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kittery Restaurants

Hi,

I visit Wells, Maine every year. On our return home, we always stop off in Kittery to do a little shopping at the outlets. Can anybody recommend a good restaurant to go to in this area besides Weathervane?

Thank you!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kittery Restaurants

Hi Barb:

A great place in Kittery is Bob's Clam Hut right in Kittery by the bridge and just before all the outlets. No fancy food here just good seafood, etc. Very relaxing atmosphere. Try it and I am sure you will love it if you are looking for a casual place to eat.

Montana
Level Contributor
102 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kittery Restaurants

LadyDi,

I love seafood, but like it steamed and unbreaded. Does Bob's serve it this way?

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kittery Restaurants

I am a big fan of Bob's Clam Hut, but it sounds like it wouldn't be what you want, since it is a very casual place and the food is almost all fried. However, you might want to try Robert's Maine Grill, which is right across Route 1, next to the Weathervane. It was opened a year ago by the same family that operates Bob's and is meant to be a cut above. I haven't had a chance to try Robert's yet, but it has been well reviewed and it does have several steamed and grilled seafood options. It's a handsome building: dark gray New England style with a little lighthouse thingy on the side.

Wappingers Falls...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kittery Restaurants

head down to kittery point and eat at chauncy creek lobster pound! scenic and so delicious. we all had lobster sandwiches and just thought they were the best! it's a beautiful ride to boot!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kittery Restaurants

I like Warren's Lobster House. It's a little more upscale but still casual.

But if you want really fresh steamed seafood in a casual atmosphere, go across the border to Dover Point and go to Newick's.

6. Re: Kittery Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 10:39
Get answers to your questions about Kittery
More Kittery Topics