We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacking to Russell Pond in late June 2013

Which Millinocket hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Backpacking to Russell Pond in late June 2013

I am a 53 year old woman who has not been backpacking in 30 years, but planning to head back to one of the places I hiked in the "80s. I will be with another woman my age. I don't think my knees can make a Katahdin climb, but here is my plan so far: Would love to hear from others with advise. Day one stay at Roaring brook and day hike to Chimney Pond and around Sandy Stream. Day two hike to Russell Pond or Wassataquick Stream. Spend days 3, 4, and 5 at Russell Pond and do day hikes. Day six hike back to Roaring Brook and leave on day 7. Specific questions: Would a hike up South Turner be better than a hike to Chimney Pond? Would love to do both, but don't think I can squeeze it in. Thanks for any input.

1. Re: Backpacking to Russell Pond in late June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 16:15