We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

Level Contributor
650 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

Stayed at Juniper Inn 15 years ago. Enjoyed our stay and it certainly looks like it has undergone some upgrades. Before I book thought it might be wise to ask for other options. TA's new ranking system is confusing me... Lodgings seem to be broken down into many different catagories. Looking for 2-3 night stay for a retired couple. :ate Sept to early October. Walk to Beach access would be nice although we will not be spending hours at the beach. Breakfast on premises. Waterview?? Easy access to downtown... maybe walkable? Riverside Motel is Perkin's Cove seems like an option but I know nothing about it and rates are not available on TA. Suggestions?? Thank you.

Level Contributor
6,404 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

Check reviews for Sea Chambers, Terrace by the Sea and, if you can fix your own breakfast, Dunes Cottages on the Waterfront.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

The juniper hill resort is far superior in every way over riverside, while juniper does Not have water views it is more convienient to most all of what your asking for. Riverside is located in Perkins cove it does have water views but not anywhere near the amenities juniper has. Other places to consider that have not been mentioned, norseman, sparhawk and anchorage all have water views, personally I think sea chambers gives you the best bang for you dollar all around.

Farmingdale, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

Hi, go to riversidemotel.com - you'll find the rates and some pictures there. We've stayed at the Riverside twice now (going back in October for a long weekend). We absolutely love it - it's VERY no frills, if you aren't looking for fancy but want the view of a lifetime, I definitely recommend the Riverside. Make sure you enjoy their complimentary breakfast of coffee, tea, yogurts and the most amazing blueberry muffins you'll ever have!

You have to email to make reservations, and send a check as a deposit (!), but they are very prompt in responding. Enjoy!!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

Depending on room the rates will run

Sep 10 - Oct 8 from $150 to $250 at Riverside.

while Riverside does have a view of the Cove it is 3 to 4 times the walk into town then Juniper and a 1.2 mile walk to the beach.

The rooms at Juniper are Less expensive.

5. Re: Juniper Inn ? Riverview Motel? vs. other options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2018, 05:17