We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Tent

Montreal
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Tent

Hi - I'm going to Maine with my boyfriend in July and would love to get one of those nice beach tents that I see whenever we hit the beaches of Ogunquit or Wells. We had purchased one a couple of years ago and it easily opened up but we had an awful time packing it back - in fact, we ended up throwing it out after only one use! Can anybody suggest of a medium size beach tent with an easy set up AND easy pack away design? We were looking at the Instent and Aerodome Beach tent - it seems that they are easy to set up but have no idea how easy it would be to take down and repack in their carry bag.

Any suggestions on the perfect beach tent would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Tent

We saw a couple on the beach 2 years ago struggling with their tent and eventually discarding it. I wonder if that was you! We bought ours on Beach Street in Ogt in a little gift shop that's part of the Betty Doon complex. I think we paid about 30 bucks for it. No problem setting it up or getting it back into it's carry bag....Mind you, my boyfriend does it, not me :))). Good Luck!

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Tent

I got mine at LL Bean.

Montreal
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Tent

Hey Mince,

Nope, that wasn't us who discarded the tent on the beach. I have a confession that I want to make...we never got to use the tent ON the beach. When we first received it (off of ebay) we wanted to test it out first - so, we set it up in the living room and were never able to put the darn thing back in the bag...so we just shot the whole thing out. How sad is that - it didn't even make it to the beach!

...and Nativemainer, when we were in Freeport last year, we tried to get a beach tent in LL Bean but they were sold out. I think the problem is, is that when we head to Maine, it's usually in August or late July...and most of the beach tents seem to be sold out by then. We also checked Target and Walmart when we were in the States and they said that they didn't have any more left either :(

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Tent

Hi Barb...oh that is bad..never even made it to the beach! We got ours 3 years ago. When we were in Ogt at the beginning of last September, the store I mentioned above was still selling them. You can't miss it, they have a blue one assembled in the window of the store. If I remember correctly, they had 2 different models, one with a "door" and another without...we went for the one without.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Tent

LL Bean has the model I bought--the Sunbuster---advertised on line for $79.00. It is a doorless model.....guess I didn't realize they came any other way, actually, but, at any rate, I like mine and never have had any problems getting it up, down, or in the bag. And let's just say I am "challenged" when it comes to things like that, so I guess that tells you something. LOL.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Tent

Check out the Kittery Trading Post Web site. They have a tent shleter for the beach

Montreal
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Tent

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. My boyfriend and I are a big fan of LL Bean...and had gone to both Bean and to the Kittery Trading Post (last year) but they were also sold out.

It's funny Nativemainer, you must have the new Sunbuster model - one of the staff from LL Bean told me NOT to buy the older model because they had received complaints that they were difficult to pack away...the newer models were suppose to be much better.

But now that I have your o.k. that they are good tents...maybe, I'll order them on-line to make sure that I actually get one.

Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Tent

As an alternative to tent for sun protection, we got the cool chairs at http://www.renetto.com/ which are easy to carry and fold up and have adjustable hoods.

9. Re: Beach Tent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations