We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

We are spending the first week of June in Southern Maine, with at least 3 nights in Ogunquit (Terrace By The Sea) and not sure where else - maybe Wells Beach or Kennebunkport. Does anyone know of any good cat-related shops or attractions? I've been searching online, but have not come up with much at all. We love stores that cater to cat lovers and since we just lost one of our beloved cats this week, I am really looking for memorial items.

Also, looking for good diners! Love Maine Diner, but also hear there are others around the area?

I appreciate any information anyone has - it's been a tough week and I am trying to occupy my time by planning our trip!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

So sorry about your cat. There is something going on in Kennebunk and Ogunquit this year related to cats and dogs. Do a Google search for "Pawsitively Ogunquit "you should be able to find out more information. Can't help you with the diners, but I'm sure others here can!

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

Thank you, minceandtotties. I forgot to mention in my original post that part of the reason we are going to Ogunquit is to see the cat (and dog) statues!

Thanks also for your wishes....After 17 years with the same cat, she was our family.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

I believe there are animal related gift shops both on Main street and

Shore Road in Ogunquit

Kennebunk, Maine
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

There is two stores in Kennebunkport I can't recall the name of the second store but one of the stores is called Dogs and Divits and I believe that they sell Cat stuff!

Boston...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

Where are the cat statues??

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

The cat statues are being sponsored by different establishments in Ogunquit and are all painted differently (there are also dogs). You can go to the link for (I believe) ogunquit.org, and it will have a link.

Of note, here in CT, in West Hartford, they did the same thing with cows a couple of years back and it was really something to see.

7. Re: Seeking Cat-Related Shops & Diners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 09:19