We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to book?

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to book?

I'm planning to go to Maine, mainly south of Portland next October. The main reason is to eat lobster and of course, to get to know the region. My question is, do I need to book a room in advance? I won't be there during weekends.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to book?

October is leaf viewing season. Depending on when you go, there is a chance that it could be somewhat crowded. We were in Ogunquit Nov. 6 to 10, and the leaves were still fairly nice, but that is unusual. It wasn't crowded then, but if I were you, I would book in advance.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to book?

Thank you Toofaraway. I knew October is leaf viewing season but I thought it only affected Vermont. I'll book.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need to book?

While you're passing through Boston to get to Ogunquit, my favorite beach outside Brazil,' fica bem vindo para minha casa nos EUA', to which I should be returning from Salvador at about that time . Allow me to show you around our huge Brazilian community here.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need to book?

Leaf viewing done by " leaf peepers" affects all of New England and beautiful as Vermont is, the other New England states are just as busy and beautiful. You should make reservations in advance especially for the weekends. During the week it will be a little less hectic, but rooms can still be scarce. If you have your heart set on a particular area or place, you should book as soon as you have your schedule set. All of New England is beautiful in the fall.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need to book?

Tks. newenglandweaver, I'll book when I have my plans set.

Tks. tcantarelli for you generous offer. I'll keep in touch. Obrigado e um abracao.

6. Re: Do I need to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 13:15