We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

We vacation in Oguniquit - Wells each summer. ANy really good restuarants in the area we should try?

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

Ctyyankeegirl: Since you have vacationed in Ogunquit before, are you familiar with Old Village Inn? I know you are looking for info on new restaurants but I have never been there and am trying to get input on this place since we have a package deal that includes dinner there. As you can see, the Ogunquit thread doesn't get much action on the Maine forum. You might be able to tell us some "Ogunquit stuff" that would help. Thanks!

York Beach, Maine
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

I live just south of Well, in York. We go to Ogunquit often to eat. There is a little place called The Impastable Dream. If you're a pasta fan you'll like this place. All different kinds, more than I imagined.

There's also a restaurant caled Five-O (oh). A little pricey but a great selection and atmosphere. Great place for an intimate dinner.

Also, down near Ogunquit beach is a diner type place called Blueberry Hill I believe? Nice family style place, and steps from the beach!

Hope you have a great vacation!

York Beach, Maine
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

poodelone- try www.theoldvillageinn.com for some information. :)

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

Thanks, RawDawg- I do enjoy looking at websites and getting the restaurant's take on their place. The best thing, though, is if I can get info from someone who has actually visited. I look forward to any other recommendations you have as well since you are a "local". We will be up there in September for 4 days and are excited to check out the area.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

One nice gal on the New Hampshire forum recommended Stonewall Kitchen in York. Is that near you, RawDawg? Have you shopped there or is it more of a touristy type place? The website made me want to order right away, everything looks so good.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

If you want to pick up something to eat on the run, i.e., a light meal or picnic, check out the ready-to-eat stuff at the Village Food Market, see http://villagefoodmarket.com/

Excellent breakfast stuff, coffee, and I especially like the scones. The biggest challenge here is finding a parking space in high season as it's smack in the middle of town.

Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

Try the Blue Willow in Perkin's Cove. Go at high tide and sit near the windows, that alone is worth it.

York Beach, Maine
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

poodleone- Stonewall Kitchen is not far from me, and it's very easy to find. Get off of Rt. 95 at exit 7 (York) and head toward Rt. 1. At the traffic light they are directly across the street. They recently added a cafe/restaurant but we havne't eaten there yet. They do have some great jams, jellies, spreads, sauces, etc. And I believe you are able to tour parts of their processing plant.

New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

We enjoyed "Hurricane" down in Perkin's cove. Great steak and wonderful view looking out over the ocean.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restuarants worth trying in Ogunquit

Thanks everyone for your advise. In answer to your questions, we never ate at The Old Village Inn, but I heard the food is very good. (We were going to try it one year, but we did not like the attiitude of the host at the front door, so we never did.) THe Hurricane is worth it, even if just for the view. Has anyone eaten at Wild Willie's - for the burgers??? How about The Oakweed or Jackie-O's in Perkins Cove? ANything worth traveling to Kennebuckport , Kittery or York for???