We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good nightlife?

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Good nightlife?

My husband and I are returning for our 2nd trip to beautiful Ogunquit. We are staying at the Sea View motel mostly because you can walk everywhere from there.

Last time we went (4-5 years ago?) there was a bar called Maxwell's.

Is that still there/good place to hang? Is there anywhere else I should try? We love just sitting at a bar, people watching, talking, good music, etc. Don't need dancing/nightclub type place.

Maine
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good nightlife?

Maxwell's is still here. It continues to be a good place to hang out at -- good people watching, some local color, and better than average bar food. If it's your thing, there's Karaoke some nights after 9.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good nightlife?

Thanks so much! Can't wait to get there and relax!

Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good nightlife?

Maxwell's is a good place to hang out, for sure, but there are some other good spots too, such as Five-O's bar and Bintliff's bar ... I would just encourage you to explore all your options. Also, come to think of it, the Village Inn has a nice little cozy bar. And I am sure there are others I am just not thinking of now ... have a great time!!

Kennebunkport, Maine
Level Contributor
198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good nightlife?

J's Oyster Bar on Commercial Street is one of my favorites, but it gets very busy on weekends. Lots of good eating places within walking distance of your hotel. Also fun for a nightcap - the top floor bar at the Eastland Park Hotel on Congress.

Kennebunkport, Maine
Level Contributor
198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good nightlife?

OOPs - posted this in the wrong place - meant to reply to your Portland thread.

Maine
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good nightlife?

I do like the bar at Five-0, too, but I find that it's often too crowded to be relaxing. Ogtgrrl: do you know if the recent renovations expanded the bar area at all?

Another recommendation is the Front Portch, either the downstairs bar or upstairs piano bar.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good nightlife?

If you're looking to hang out in Ogunquit, don't skip the bar at The Old Village Inn across from Maxwell's (you can catch up on the local gossip), the new Tini's and Tapas across from Bessie's and the bar in Bessie's (younger locals crowd).

The Bar downstairs at The Front Porch is a great place to watch the foot traffic in the square.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good nightlife?

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get there!

Delmar, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good nightlife?

Hey there,

My husband and I are going to Ogunquit for the 2nd time too...we're leaving this Friday (July 4) and spending the night in Portland, then on Saturday we're driving back down to Ogunquit to stay in a rental house for the week! Just thought it was a pretty funny coincidence! I popped onto this forum for just the reason you wrote your inquiry...looking for some good lower key bars!

When are you guys going?

Have a great time!!

Staci

New Jersey
Level Contributor
315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good nightlife?

Oh that's too funny, we're starting our week up in Portland too! At the Hilton Garden Inn at the old port for two days middle of July, then moving onto the Sea View motel in Ogunquit for the remaining 3 days!

If you find anything good, let me know! Where are you staying?