We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage v Gorges Grant

new york
1 post
Save Topic
Anchorage v Gorges Grant

I have a reservation at both places for mid-August. Which is nicer? Pros and cons? Thanks.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage v Gorges Grant

I haven't stayed at the Anchorage but I've stayed several times at the Gorges Grant and liked it a great deal.

The advantage of the Anchorage is its location right on the ocean and the likelihood of a terrace overlooking all that. You can easily exit your hotel and be on the Marginal Way in a jiff.

Gorges Grant is across Route One. Unless you're an inveterate walker like me, you'll need to use your car or the Trolley to get to the Beach and the Marginal Way. You won't have a view. The Gorges Grant is not an ideally located stop for the trolley (see my trolley review). Nevertheless, my hubby and I have always chosen the GG over the Anchorage because it's a classy hotel and it's always been considerably more affordable than the Anchorage.

If money is no object, I'd vote for the Anchorage, though. I hope someone posts who has actually stayed there since I can't vouch for the accommodations, only the the lovely exterior and the prime location.

Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations