We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Trip Review

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Trip Review

Just got back from five days in Ogunquit. We've been going there for years and always have a great time.

Fortunately, the terrible weather we've been having in New England finally broke and made for some great beach days. Although there are plenty of rainy day activities in the area, it seems such a waste when you that close to one of the most beautiful beaches in NE and not be able to take advantge of it.

The dining highlight of this years trip was Katie's On Shore Road. We hadn't been there before and went on the recommendation of our hosts at the B&B, whose judgement we always trust. The ambiance at Katie's is great. It has a crisp, clean, airy feel to it. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. Everything cooked to perfection, a fantastic blend of flavors in all the dishes and a very good wine list. I would highly recommend Katie's to anyone looking for a special night out for dinner.

The Front Porch is consistently great. Again, wonderful service and fantastic food.

We tried Tapas And Tinis also. Nice atmosphere, especially on the outdoor patio. Very good service and wonderful martinis. I had mixed feelings about their food. we ordered a number of tapas to share. A couple of them were very good, some were average and one was terrible. It was a beef and potato empanade that had that taste that food gets in cheap diners when it's been in a deep frier that should have had the oil changed long ago.

We always have a pizza at La Pizzaria and have always loved it in the past. this year we were a bit disappointed. the pizza was a bit undercooked. Since they have always made great pizza, I chalk this up to their being extremely busy teh night we went and maybe trying to rush food out to the tables. it wasn't what i normally expect from.

A visit to cafe Preggo for some gelato later in the evening was, as always, a real treat. While getting the gelato, we saw a group having a Cafe Preggo pizza that looked crispy and delicious. Wish we had gone there for pizza that night.

For night time entertainment, Christine Oleary's show at Mainstreet is a riot. I've seen Christine's show many times and always leave with laughter pains in my side. This is also a free show, so no reason not to take advantage of a cheap evening of fun and laughter.

Kris Francis, an Ogunquit staple, is once again appearing at The Front Porch. If you've ever been to his show, you know what to expect. If you've never seen him, be prepared. He is raunchy, foul mouthed and extermely funny as well as being an accomplished singer and pianist. I'm always amazed at how quick his mind is at improvising based on the audiance on any given night.

Ogunquit beach is always well maintained and kept pristine and beautiful. If you are spending the day on the beach, please take along a bag to place garbage and cigarette butts into and deposit in a trash can at the end of the day. Keep the beach as lovely as it is meant to be.

They have removed the trash cans from along the dunes and now have them only at the beach entrance....likely an attempt to cut expense and still keep the beach clean. So, you will need to carry your garbage out, but it's a small price to pay to maintain the beauty of this area.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Trip Review

Great teview -- some nice tips here.... Thanks for taking the time to post it.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Trip Review

Thanks for your comments. I will have to try Katies next time I'm there.

Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Trip Review

Do you need to be 21 for Christine O'Leary's show? I'm going to be in town with my 19 year old daughter and am looking for things to do with her at night.

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Trip Review

Unfortuantely, you probably do need to be 21 because the show is in a bar/club.

5. Re: Quick Trip Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:21